poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index1-10 of 10
luck of the genetic draw, and drawing YOUR own favoured cards.  netskyIam  3 Oct 08 12:00AM Thread Closed

I can only illustrate yourself by illustrating myself.  
You know from many prior posts that I am windy, ill, broke, unemployable,
unknown outside of PC, uneducated, loving, scrapping, and a homosexual
to boot,  in three senses of the word.

Had; I not dragged stories from my silent, modest father,
I would not have knownour relationship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfpSXI8_UpY
from Wikipedia...

The Day the Earth Stood Still is a 1951 science fiction film which tells the story of a humanoid alien who comes to Earth to warn its leaders not to take their conflicts into space, or they will face lethal consequences.

It stars Michael Rennie, Patricia Neal, Hugh Marlowe, Sam Jaffe, Billy Gray, Frances Bavier, and Lock Martin. Supporting cast includes journalist Drew Pearson. The movie was adapted by Edmund H. North from the story "Farewell to the Master" by Harry Bates, and directed by Robert Wise. The score was written by Bernard Herrmann and is notable for its use of a theremin.
Category:  Entertainment

----

Category:  Rod Serling.  You are taking a trip.  The road forks, but there is no signage.
You hear an eerie swelling of the hands-off, theremin.  You knew you had this cousin, but until four years ago you intentionally never looked up his life story.

You had a fascination, though, with the unknown.  You became the leading citizen in the theremin community; called Bob Moog by first name and shook his hand in humble admiration.

You decided to become your own boss: you learned the most difficult of all manual trades, piano tuning, by yourself, no mentor, and became the most successful concert piano technician in this big city, ever.  

A famous, young, beautiful composer, the acknowleged-greatest in the USA would have you for his life-mate, but you chose otherwise.

An old woman who lived with your ancient maternal g'mother, companion and economy for two widows, warns you at 17:  "What, no girl friends?  REID, you don't want to end up some old batchelor!"

I "married" but only at 29.   Now it is 25.5 years later and I'm still partnered, not with John, but with the even better match,  Ernie, for we have lived in and loved Miami all our lives, and have similar interests in antique junk technologies.    But oh.....

Now, do you feel deprived in comparison? You should not envy me, the old batchelor (sic) who is penniless and ill forever, and will fade out ere long.

POINT:  GO OUT and do things every day.  SO WHAT if you ma, she warn't good looking, or your first cousin two generations removed, was a streetcar coin collector?

WHAT MATTERS: is what will you do today and tomorrow, first for youself, and then for total strangers:  that smile and love for the coffee shop clerk,  the rescue of a lost and shivering dog, the removal of a dead branch from the roadway.

These are all the works of the real heros, the heroes you all are.
The public figure of merit is nothing but a plain person who has inflated him or herself with winds of fire and outrage at the injustices of the world, yet never feels sorry or lonely at root:  he or she is happy to have been of some service.

When the lights go low, we have time to think things over and then know:
we are ALL alright, after all.

Peppo, the least-known Marx Brother.

re: luck of the genetic draw, and drawing YOUR own favoured cards.  joey  3 Oct 08 7:55AM Thread Closed

if you wanted to go away with michael rennie, at the film's end, then you're normally gifted, normally creative. some people are just relieved. when i first saw the film, i was five, that was the entire meaning of the film for me... to be with someone like that. what is a boy, at five? what is 'sexuality' and what is curiosity and the need to be real? i think we have to, after awhile, stop defining ourselves with the words and concepts of 'heat-exchangers', people who know and do 'what everyone knows...'

re: luck of the genetic draw, and drawing YOUR own favoured cards.  netskyIam  3 Oct 08 8:29AM Thread Closed

Hi Joey,

That film, which can probably be found in its entirety on youtube or on the web for free viewing, has certainly proven to be a classic.

I never had a sexual thought or plus or minus for men or women until quite late, at first emission, aged fifteen: a late bloomer, or squirter, I should say.

In that film I most identify, not with my first cousin, Drew, the reporter,
but with GORT.  I pretend now to be Gort ;)
Perhaps since we are not talking about little queer boy poetics here,
you might choose to pretend-play Patricia Neal, against the wall, wailing
the turn-off-Gort command:  "GORT! Klaatu barada nikto"

re: luck of the genetic draw, and drawing YOUR own favoured cards.  netskyIam  3 Oct 08 8:35AM Thread Closed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfpSXI8_UpY
That's my first cousin, Drew Pearson, most famous journalist in the USA,
most powerful muckraker (look up the word) in the world.

Here he warns of DANGER.

I am behind the metal mask.

Slowly, my circuitry opens a visor.

A cyclops eye of red death threatens

to mis-aim and poach an egg instead of a fruit.

re: luck of the genetic draw, and drawing YOUR own favoured cards.  joey  3 Oct 08 8:36AM Thread Closed

i think you're way missing the point of your own thread's topic, but that's your genetically inspired business. the subject was 'creativity and poetry', and not gossip about film. i thought that's what it was, at least, but i'm only here for the poetry so what would i know about what goes on in the men's room.

> Hi Joey,
>
> That film, which can probably be found in its entirety on youtube or
> on the web for free viewing, has certainly proven to be a classic.
>
> I never had a sexual thought or plus or minus for men or women until
> quite late, at first emission, aged fifteen: a late bloomer, or
> squirter, I should say.
>
> In that film I most identify, not with my first cousin, Drew, the
> reporter,
> but with GORT.  I pretend now to be Gort ;)
> Perhaps since we are not talking about little queer boy poetics here,
> you might choose to pretend-play Patricia Neal, against the wall,
> wailing
> the turn-off-Gort command:  "GORT! Klaatu barada nikto"

re: luck of the genetic draw, and drawing YOUR own favoured cards.  netskyIam  3 Oct 08 9:16AM Thread Closed

"the subject was 'creativity and poetry', and not gossip about film."

Read this thread starter's title, bozo boy.

you really are off the rocker.  The subject was and is not "creativity and poetry".

If I post too-long posts (I do), well,  at least I know what I am doing and why I am doing it.

et tu, Boo-Boo Bare?

re: luck of the genetic draw, and drawing YOUR own favoured cards.  joey  3 Oct 08 10:37AM Thread Closed

you're a retard, and that's your astrological right, and i suppose that being on the retardo cusp you couldn't find a site for retards, and here you are? :)

> "the subject was 'creativity and poetry', and not gossip about
> film."
>
> Read this thread starter's title, bozo boy.
>
> you really are off the rocker.  The subject was and is not
> "creativity and poetry".
>
> If I post too-long posts (I do), well,  at least I know what I am
> doing and why I am doing it.
>
> et tu, Boo-Boo Bare?

re: luck of the genetic draw, and drawing YOUR own favoured cards.  1994  3 Oct 08 10:41AM Thread Closed

you have never truly heard this man speak.

re: luck of the genetic draw, and drawing YOUR own favoured cards.  joey  3 Oct 08 10:46AM Thread Closed

so, do something for him instead of just hiding behind him. go down and take care of him and help him to live a life instead of living off others. walk the walk. you think it's easy being old and powerless -- he needs someone like you to sacrifice your life for him -- what does he need you to be a poet for or have the 'right thoughts' if all it means is that you're going to give off meek responses like this, in the vapor of the internet, and not really do something for someone who could change your life. look who he's known and talked with. he's trying to be the right thing. help him out.

> you have never truly heard this man speak.

re: luck of the genetic draw, and drawing YOUR own favoured cards.  netskyIam  3 Oct 08 11:37AM Thread Closed

QUOTE:
re: luck of the genetic draw, and drawing YOUR own favoured cards.  joey  3 Oct 08 10:37AM [!] Post Reply

you're a retard, and that's your astrological right, and i suppose that being on the retardo cusp you couldn't find a site for retards, and here you are? :)

______

Ha, ha ha!,  He has relapsed to using the "retard" epithet again.

Instead of addressing logics of the writer, joey hurls monkey dirt.
I suspicion that poor joey, a beautiful, delicate, obviously gay kid, was mercilessly beat upon by bullies, calling him things like "faggot" and "fairyboy".
And these injuries are lasting, and can poison a perfectly OK person for life.

This  is one more reason why, though I run hard on joey,
I also have tender feelings for him.  I have empathy, a full tank, even if his seems to be
running on empty.  Pity him and give him hugs, as possible, whenever possible.

He's not evil. He's just lost in spacecadetland.  And I do think it stems from childhood injuries even he won't talk about. Too painful.

Return To Index

0.456s