poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index1-10 of 13
"No one reads poetry" (a short video by published poet, Ben Barton)  Reid_Welch  27 Nov 09 2:47PM Thread Closed

For those of you who cannot view video you are missing out on life.
This young, mature man (I have not read his work) explains the problem,
as it affects him and his desires to realize his artistic goals.  

It's worth a watch...only a few minutes, and there too is a link to his web page.

http://www.archive.org/details/ben_barton

---------------

This topic can be a fruitful source for serious discussion.

I'll play it straight.  I think all of you who are poets will play this thread
on the square.


Reid

raised for a reason  Reid_Welch  28 Nov 09 2:46PM Thread Closed

This thread is now more than twenty four hours old.

AS EXPECTED, it has drawn zero responces (English spellings respected here, though this is an American-owned board; international English retains its root spellings),

AS EXEPECTED (reiteration is a tool), this thread has drawn zero responces.
Zero is a non-number first quantified (how's that for irony, "quantified") by the pre-Islamic Arabs.  

Other threads are active and engaging.  This is a message board.
Any topic, within reason, goes along unmolested.  Yet, the recent, other threads,
which are active, and in which I have purposfully participated, are vigorous, as twaddlings go,  YET THIS THREAD, which was planted with the sole purpose to draw forth intellectual debate and or discussion of its simple root, remains untouched.

I have made my move, now twice.  WHO will take up the topic and either amplify upon it, or refute, or otherwise discourse their own propaganda-version of the facts as I happen to see them?


?????


Reid, most definitely, and most definitely done with this thread for at least the next day or two;

I'd be most interested in any inputs in responce to the opening post's posits.

Reid, most definitely, standing by for any possible future transmissions germane to this thread....

re: raised for a reason: to expose hypocrisy  Reid_Welch  29 Nov 09 1:20PM Thread Closed

QUOTE FROM THREAD
http://www.poetrycritical.net/forum/read/207996/1/



re: Becoming a teenager and finding your place in this world  bmikebauer  29 Nov 09 12:41PM [!] Post Reply

reid, why not write a poem about this 'becoming', and show in the form of it the transition between child and adolescent -- show it by the way the lines are broke, and the kind of words you use. i'm pretty literate about these things -- 'little normal queerboy' is implicitly on this topic of identity and life -- and, i just don't think a link to you tube is really satisfying in a place like this. it makes me think that you don't know how to write poetry after all.


_____

>;
"I am the Walrus...you are the eggman...ooo, oooo"

re: raised for a reason: to expose hypocrisy  Reid_Welch  29 Nov 09 1:35PM Thread Closed

Young readers who may be drooling because they are now laughing so hard.
Here you see two middle or elderly-aged men (of sorts) seeming to have a row.

I'm playing Mike. He's my pinball....or, in more modern terms, hes my PS3 or whatever, game of the day.

SCORE for self:  Mike above demonstrates a basic tool of the troll or "dictator": turn a topic from itself, to its author.  This is called a "red herring", look it up, " red herring "

"reid, do you think you're somehow entitled to give free insults?"

FOOL, you came into my two threads and engaged me.
You don't even recall that YOU "insulted me" in the adjacent thread to which you inputted just  few minutes ago.   I'm not really insulted. I'm having sport with you, Mike, because you are a hypocrite.

Younger and older readers here can see the follies right here, of MB engaging his...little literary manhole cover for what's within: not much that smells good.

fake British humour break time!  Reid_Welch  29 Nov 09 1:40PM Thread Closed

I realize that this is a poetry-only message board, now, according to the Word of Mike, by God.

So, before I shove in....I mean OFF and OUT, I leave you with a bit of seasonable humour.

It is not my work. My work is better than this, at least in the  sack:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-II284PnJo

re: fake British humour break time!  Reid_Welch  30 Nov 09 12:36PM Thread Closed

> oh, we can post anything you want here, but when you post, you're
> going to be read by people who really care about poetry....

Who are these people? A minority of people here actually speak of poetry
more than they speak of living their lives. You have again failed to address the
OPENING PREMISE and purpose of this thread.  Red Herrings abound in your reply.



> what it is, is that we're poets and we're aware of the world and the
> problems of living in it. so, when some lamer thing like 'watch the
> movie' shows up, and it's not from some teen-dink brainless fool,
> then that makes us look at this poster of a link and see what possible
> relationship it might have to poetry.

So, I am a poet. You say as much. I am also a multifaceted person,
as are most people who read and write here.  Again, refer to the opening post's
video. You can watch video. I know that you can.  You post video of yourself, too.

>we can do the alchemical turn,
> and gush about how this and that makes those and them, but that
> doesn't get down to the richness of poetry either.

I do not follow you above.  Whatever you've just said there is so abstract-Mike-like,t
that it bears no meaning I can hang my hat upon.  It is, to me, nonsense.

> being a poet, the
> richness of poetry is what it offers, and goes way beyond yackety-yack
> films for yacky people.

Well, I suggest you look at the Reid Welch poetry list and downrate all the poems there as being entirely lacking in this "richness" that you define (I think, am not sure) as being abstractions of the language, again, to such a degree as to be like fingerpaintings: meaningful only to the writer-Mike, and possibly a few others,,,,maybe.


> you have to prove yourself here as a poet, as someone who has words
> and can use them.


FALSE.  Red herring again.  NO-ONE here has to "prove" himself or herself here as a poet...ONLY YOU seem to demand that people ogle and ape YOUR vision of what poetry should be.

>you always avoid using words, except to insult,

FALSE, a LIE


>and
> that makes you seem illiterate. and, the insult thing, that's only
> because of mong's showing you how.

WHAT? WHO is "mong".  Mong is the former name of a current member
and I admire this person on many counts but I have not read her poetry,
nor have I ever taken advice from her, nor as far as I know, has she ever given me advice.
But, oh, such fine times we've had here, bantering and banging you and Mor,
in a nice way, I mean.  And I like Mor very much.  Yet I tease him and you and others at times.  It's my nature. I don't recall ever teasing feminoid or mong (same person)...we find no need or pleasure in lol-ing about over one another. We are virtual friends of a unique sort, for myself, as I relate to members of PC.


>it's like your dumb drugs
> flattened your IQ so much that you could only relate to moving mouths
> and fun clown/bad clown words in DVD.

THAT IS AN AD HOMINEM (sp) attack and has no basis in fact.
You are a prevaricator and troll and uppity-failure in almost every argumentative thread in which you participate.



> prove me wrong: all it would take would be one beautiful poem from
> you.



bless the women who show the men how to mend and love again

regarding the bottom of page one  Reid_Welch  30 Nov 09 12:52PM Thread Closed

THE Y'AR FLIPPIN AN' FLOPPIN' ALL OVER THE DECK, MATIES.

'For any of them get away, grab one and cut off its head.
Otherwise they multiply.  

http://tinyurl.com/y8zj7ep
edible but not palatable


http://tinyurl.com/ydxr2gy
pure poison.  kill and feed overboard to the sharks

re: regarding the bottom of page one  ashtray  1 Dec 09 9:22PM Thread Closed

Why does the forum revolve around He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-bauer?

Anyway, I can relate to the original topic in this thread (I watched the video). I do most of my writing in english, which is not my native tongue, and I live in south america, where there hardly is an audience for english poetry. Professionally, I'm happy to get paid, but what I get paid for has little to do with my passion for writing. I'm stuck, but that is what I have built for myself so far and I'm learning to cope with it.

I hope to get involved with writers here, yet, with the influence of the local environment on art, I'm somewhat out of place. I'm a bit of an alien here, having been educated in the US, and certainly out of touch with reality.

I am so far from making a living from what I love.

re: regarding the bottom of page one  unknown  2 Dec 09 10:08AM Thread Closed

all he read is bauer whine and whine and whine

go cry to yourself, mike. no one here is interested in your impotent bitching.

Copy and paste of one of the most perfectly worded messages I've ever seen here:  Reid_Welch  2 Dec 09 1:51PM Thread Closed

QUOTE:

re: regarding the bottom of page one  ashtray  1 Dec 09 9:22PM Post Reply

Why does the forum revolve around He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-bauer?

Anyway, I can relate to the original topic in this thread (I watched the video). I do most of my writing in english, which is not my native tongue, and I live in south america, where there hardly is an audience for english poetry. Professionally, I'm happy to get paid, but what I get paid for has little to do with my passion for writing. I'm stuck, but that is what I have built for myself so far and I'm learning to cope with it.

I hope to get involved with writers here, yet, with the influence of the local environment on art, I'm somewhat out of place. I'm a bit of an alien here, having been educated in the US, and certainly out of touch with reality.

I am so far from making a living from what I love.

------------------


it is a sublimation of thought; almost poetry as prose.  
am interested to learn of your "heritage":  caucasian (hispanic is caucasian),
mixed (as most of us are).  and we see in the romantic cultures (not inaptly named) a beauty and a love for words that transcends languages.  and this posting above in bold is in PERFECT english.  It fairly simmers with romance and sadness and hope.

Return To Index
1 2 | Next


1.434s