poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index1-10 of 55
I haven't written anything in over a month!  Sequiturist  24 Jun 10 12:40PM Thread Closed

Hi PCers, long time no talk! =)

Normally, I write at least 2 poems every month, but its been over a month and I have yet to write something.

Today, I sat down for hours and tried to start writing, but just could not think of anything to write about.

What should I do? I'm worried. :(

re: I haven't written anything in over a month!  unknown  24 Jun 10 12:53PM Thread Closed

i havent written anything in over a year.

dont worry about it. use the time to think and absorb things, you cant force it.

re: I haven't written anything in over a month!  unknown  24 Jun 10 1:05PM Thread Closed

it means you've been reading the critiques here which would drain anyones enthusiasm if taken to heart -- there is no one here who can help you presently just a bunch of loud mouthed posers getting their jollies from bullying Poets -- so go write somewhere where real dialogue takes place ...

re: I haven't written anything in over a month!  unknown  24 Jun 10 1:12PM Thread Closed

you need to find controversy hypocrisy  etc

perhaps you are living with one dimensional characters or have not plunged into the depths of your psyche or sadly, your best days were during your embryogenesis.

put the i phone down
and start living

stanford admissions

ps we may rescind offers depending on our moods

re: I haven't written anything in over a month!  Isabelle5  24 Jun 10 1:37PM Thread Closed

Do something else, wait for it to return.  

re: I haven't written anything in over a month!  unknown  24 Jun 10 1:40PM Thread Closed

Hi Zach!

You silly bear!  IF you find no need to write it means your life is on the square.
You are in your college era now, guy.  You have a most full and wonderful life.

You only need to write if you run out of money or mom's cooking (grin).

Get with the latest dance craze, btw? Styles like this should never be passed.
WRITE about the simple things if you must write at all?  Here, June/July collegiate
fashions:

Why wear a coat in winter when you can wear-a-tail?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uf-AgE0yes
"Doin' the raccoon"

Fond best, it's so great to hear from you, Zach,

Reidy

re: I haven't written anything in over a month!  unknown  24 Jun 10 1:56PM Thread Closed

it means you've been reading the critiques here which would drain anyones enthusiasm if taken to heart -- there is no one here who can help you presently just a bunch of loud mouthed posers getting their jollies from bullying Poets -- so go write somewhere where real dialogue takes place ...

^
was written by Mike Bauer. the lyi9ng old cunt has been writing as Unk on the site for a while this month.

re: I haven't written anything in over a month!  unknown  24 Jun 10 2:13PM Thread Closed

> Hi PCers, long time no talk! =)
>
> Normally, I write at least 2 poems every month, but its been over a
> month and I have yet to write something.
>
> Today, I sat down for hours and tried to start writing, but just could
> not think of anything to write about.
>
> What should I do? I'm worried. :(

One of the best things for me when I'm in a slump is to read poems by my favorite poets and it gets the creative juices flowing somehow.  It's not based on anything specific that I read, it just happens.

Good luck,  
Bigfoot

re: I haven't written anything in over a month!  unknown  24 Jun 10 3:10PM Thread Closed

You might try automatic writing, make yourself comfortable and blank out all thoughts with an old-fashioned pen and paper to hand. Write out any stray thoughtstream that occurs without focus on the results and see where it leads after a while. As the full moon approaches you will find your creative powers waxing anyway, so there's really no need for concern - we all hit barren spells from time to time - it's a "normal" situation for a poet - how we handle it is what counts.

re: I haven't written anything in over a month!  unknown  24 Jun 10 3:53PM Thread Closed

obsessed!
> ^
> was written by Mike Bauer. the lyi9ng old cunt has been writing as Unk
> on the site for a while this month.

Return To Index
1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next

0.834s