poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index1-10 of 76
Those who make the most noise  unknown  20 Feb 12 8:46AM Thread Closed

It seems that those who make the most noise on this site are the problem.  All these people complain about Cadmium, but at least Cadmium posts under a known name and people know what they are getting (except for those first entering the site).  All these unknowns posting warnings and engaging in argument are causing just as much as a problem and all the unknown postings are just as much harassment as what Cadmium is capable of doing.  If everyone would just grow up a little and mind his/her own business then the dramatic scenarios would not continue.  Right now this site isn't even functioning as a poetry site.  It is full of arguments but little discussion of the poems.  Frankly, I am sick of it.  I choose to post as an unknown to avoid retribution because immature bullying runs rampant on this site and yes, the unknowns although perhaps well intention-ed are a major part of the problem.  People are addicted to the drama.  If Cadmium were banned I think people would be at a loss as to what to do with themselves.  That is how bad it is from an outsider view point.  I am not trying to be mean, just frank.  If Cadmium has been banned and continues to post, then that is a problem the moderators need to deal with.  The arguments need to stop or else people will be scared away from this site or leave out of disgust.  Take a moment and imagine what some of the poets may be going through surrounded by all of this.  It is insane.

re: Those who make the most noise  unknown  20 Feb 12 8:52AM Thread Closed

It would appear by the sudden appearance of inuki after several moderators supposedly stepped down, that there is a concentrated campaign by the moderators to cause maximum trouble on the forum. This again is borne out by the obvious relationship between harrison and the moderators whereby she is allowed an almost free licence to harass and insult other members of PC.

re: Those who make the most noise  unknown  20 Feb 12 8:57AM Thread Closed

the squeaky wheel gets the grease

re: Those who make the most noise  keats  20 Feb 12 8:59AM Thread Closed

Thank you for your thought out assessment. I agree with you, we all need to just stop stirring the pot. But as far as dealing with cadmium because he has been previously banned - you must understand he is one out of many on this site who have been previously banned. The others are posting as unknown. It is impossible to keep everyone who has previously been banned out. So at this point, we must simply clean up spam as we can and stay out of the drama. That has been my standpoint since Donald decided to leave this place alone. I am simply waiting for a (hopefully) better system in PC 2.0.

re: Those who make the most noise  unknown  20 Feb 12 8:59AM Thread Closed

Seemingly, we are again back to the utter stupidity of Isabelle style moderation by moderators who should never have been moderators in the first place.
They have no idea how to moderate other than by confrontation, how long, is this stupidity to continue before PC -is closed down. Which if looked at logically seems to be their intention.

re: Those who make the most noise  unknown  20 Feb 12 9:00AM Thread Closed

> Thank you for your thought out assessment. I agree with you, we all
> need to just stop stirring the pot. But as far as dealing with cadmium
> because he has been previously banned - you must understand he is one
> out of many on this site who have been previously banned. The others
> are posting as unknown. It is impossible to keep everyone who has
> previously been banned out. So at this point, we must simply clean up
> spam as we can and stay out of the drama. That has been my standpoint
> since Donald decided to leave this place alone. I am simply waiting
> for a (hopefully) better system in PC 2.0.

And acting like a cunt in the meanwhile.

re: Those who make the most noise  unknown  20 Feb 12 9:03AM Thread Closed

I personally think that they should change the site so that people cannot hide behind an unknown status.  That will help people stay out of the drama.  I understand that some people like to post works anonymously, but that unfortunately opens the door for people to post downright mean postings and also engage in harassment.

re: Those who make the most noise  unknown  20 Feb 12 9:04AM Thread Closed

favoritism on this site is rife.

re: Those who make the most noise  unknown  20 Feb 12 9:06AM Thread Closed

> I personally think that they should change the site so that people
> cannot hide behind an unknown status.  That will help people stay out
> of the drama.  I understand that some people like to post works
> anonymously, but that unfortunately opens the door for people to post
> downright mean postings and also engage in harassment.

getting rid of un-named moderators would get of the vast majority of the problems.
leave the unknowns alone.

re: Those who make the most noise  keats  20 Feb 12 9:07AM Thread Closed

> I personally think that they should change the site so that people
> cannot hide behind an unknown status.  That will help people stay out
> of the drama.  I understand that some people like to post works
> anonymously, but that unfortunately opens the door for people to post
> downright mean postings and also engage in harassment.

I agree to an extent - I think that we should be able to critique and post poems as unknown, that way we can say what we really think about a poem without fear of retribution. I think that was mainly the original intent of the unknown function. But as far as forum postings there is no need for the unknown function.

Return To Index
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next

1.93s