poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index1-10 of 19
Sometimes I wonder.  Intervention  8 Nov 12 9:21PM Thread Closed

....Sometimes I really wonder if Shakespeare really wrote those Plays, Poems and Sonnets...
   Sometimes I wonder what's going to happen in Colorado now that Mary Jane is allowed to walk the streets of Denver? I think Colorado has something going on here and definitely should make something to beat Austin's 6th street in Texas which I believe happens to be one of the most heathenistic and debonair places on Earth.

Sometimes I wonder....when the hell are they going to invent hoverboards than can fly over the rooftops....I know they can invent them but they'd rather not because it's a great way to evade cops and have unneeded spectacular Science fictionlike gunbattles ya know...
Sometimes I wonder why...we don't hire secret paintball assassin agencies from far off countries and land to secretly paintball assassinate bosses, colleagues at work or a just people who blew and suck their way to the freakin top....after the assassination is over...the Hitman will give us a polaroid pic of the job...the victim in total shock and tears...disbelief...and you...being overjoyed as fuck...you place that pic on your fridge every morning to look at...with a smile and a morale booster like the pancakes on your plate....Sometimes I wonder.

re: Sometimes I wonder.  Intervention  8 Nov 12 10:44PM Thread Closed

Because its the RANDOM and UNTRADITIONAL ways of life ALWAYS has merit my friend.... You randomly encounter a new lover and you'll appreciate more than being introduce Traditionaly by your friends....You're favorite uncle randomly stops by your house on Halloween night...you'll appreciate it more compared to your boring and likely queerful Christmas turkey dinner with topics of your boring career, keeping up with the jones etc etc....

All works of Genius are Random......from Shakespeare, Dumas, Walt Whitman are based on randomness ....and I've got a feeling you belong in San Francisco and would probably like it there.

re: Sometimes I wonder.  Intervention  8 Nov 12 10:47PM Thread Closed

Life is like a Jimi Hendrix and Miles Davis song being played Live....its Random Random and lots of Bullshitting.....

re: Sometimes I wonder.  cadmium  9 Nov 12 9:35PM Thread Closed

the new thinking on shakespear is that there's several people who've used that name to publish or produce plays -- sometimes an aristocrat speaking honestly about the government of elizebeth, and sometimes -- much later, some stage manager using the name to write the rather undistinguished masques call 'history plays'... the two falstafs, for instance, and the insipid 'saint crispin's day' come to mind.

my favorite of the imaginings -- and, it's well documented as possible -- is that the sonnets were written by elizibeth's lover and the father of a love-child by elizibeth, hidden away so that the royal line wouldn't become politically unstable. that the sonnets were written to this lost son: something much nicer to consider than that they were written for some male lover... which being so would make them -- as they seem -- rather insipid.

i don't really know what shakepear had to offer the world -- it seems to me that the cribs from Boccaccio brought a european modern sentiment into english story appreciation, and that perhaps a high-brow aristocratic talk taught glove-makers how to sound like a duke. that's not really very much, considering john donne was inventing an english poetry and the metaphysical poets were inventing fantasy -- not to mention the great english philosophers who were actually influential intellectually for the intellectual elite. what could it possibly matter what a fish-seller thought about 'to be or not to be', something as atheistic sounding as that, when he or she might read -- if they'd the brilliance to read at all -- Hobbes? something which would bring they themselves to the point of asking whether to be or not to be, and not just parrot the phrase to sound cultured at a (seafood? ) cocktail party.

re: Sometimes I wonder.  unknown  10 Nov 12 9:59AM Thread Closed

> the new thinking on shakespear is that there's several people who've
> used that name to publish or produce plays -- sometimes an aristocrat
> speaking honestly about the government of elizebeth,

this "new thinking" is obvious nonsense.

and it's "Shakespeare" and "Elizabeth".

re: Sometimes I wonder.  unknown  10 Nov 12 10:00AM Thread Closed

> i don't really know what shakepear had to offer the world --

an illiterate dung brained ignoramous such as you wouldn't.

re: Sometimes I wonder.  unknown  10 Nov 12 10:04AM Thread Closed

> my favorite of the imaginings -- and, it's well documented as
> possible -- is that the sonnets were written by elizibeth's lover and
> the father of a love-child by elizibeth, hidden away so that the royal
> line wouldn't become politically unstable.

you mean that hollywood rendering of the conspiracy theory. an unimaginative plebean would find this "version" a favorite. of course you would.

re: Sometimes I wonder.  cadmium  10 Nov 12 5:01PM Thread Closed

if you start actually reading the scholarly literature and biographies of shakespeare, there's not much reason to see this shakespeare as a single entity... unless you're making a paycheck off teaching 'the immortal bard'. as for shakepeare's offerings, it was good when i was a kid, good for me as a writer to have been involved in the san diego shakespeare festival. it's sort of like a trailer-trash version of studying latin, classical studies. the joke is that the people who did have a classical education didn't find much to read in those classics, and shakerspeare kind of functions as a dumbed-down plot collection and pithy wording event. you read much john donne? donne was a poet.

re: Sometimes I wonder.  unknown  10 Nov 12 5:17PM Thread Closed

> if you start actually reading the scholarly literature and biographies
> of shakespeare

been there done that. you haven't. the "theories" are crap. you're very good at patronizing, but nothing else. except lying about what you've been "involved" with.

re: Sometimes I wonder.  cadmium  10 Nov 12 7:08PM Thread Closed

why do you need shakespeare to be some kind of literary jesus...?

Return To Index
1 2 | Next

1.777s