poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index1-10 of 97
Lucid Dreaming  jenn  3 Oct 13 2:35PM Thread Closed

I wasn't sure if I should begin this thread, but as dreams can play some part in any creative process .. I thought, well yes ok, that makes sense. It's ok to start this thread.

A little background. I remember my dreams every night, and they are always highly detailed and in colour, with sound and conversation .. etc.

As I come closer to waking up I very often shift into lucid dreaming quite easily, almost every night / morning.

The other motive for starting this thread is because of the dream I had last night was one so highly detailed and lucid I was able to record it, write it down, or at least the details of it. Suffice to say there was a back story to the dream, but that is irrelevant compared to the visual and audio experience of the dream,.

I will post what I was able to write about the dream and the characters in it below, and I hope it may inspire you to share a dream which you are able to remember too :)

ELECTRO-ANARCHIST EXISTENTIALIST COLLECTIVE  jenn  3 Oct 13 2:46PM Thread Closed

ELECTRO-ANARCHIST EXISTENTIALIST COLLECTIVE

The people:

3 people - possibly 4. 3 men and 1 woman.
The first man is so abstract in his dress and language he is, at first, quite alarming and appears threatening, both physically and defying the physical by transforming his exterior with attachments of such angular and distorted shaped jewellery and object. His clothing and body decoration is extreme and makes me think ‘if a tank was ever designed by a surrealist-impressionist who once dreamed of a human as a living tank’.  The language he uses is clearly English, but it has no discernible format that can be deciphered. It is only over time listening and being with him that allows me to see the connections between what has already been said and what he is saying at the present .. and, also, what he might be leaving out to say later.

The woman is painted entirely in thick acrylic blue paint, and was confirmed by one of the other members that she is like that from head to toe. It is like a paint skin, and is re-glazed with fresh layers from time to time. She is also bald and also speaks mostly abstract English, but she can and does speak in short coherent sentences. She also appears and acts threatening at first, and also appears to be the only one who makes decisions based on a logic that can be grasped. She appears to share familiar human sentiments, such as an affection for cats, which the others do not have discernible sense of sharing. Saying that, she explores her own ability to display and feel such affection with also being completely devoid of it, and enacts it - and re-enacts it, developing the theme as she goes-  in short ‘performances’ and erratic gestures and language.

The second man is far more coherent than both the first man and the woman, but is clearly unhappy about life and the art which he produces, which is quite brilliant abstract expressionism. He explains the patterns through which the others express themselves, which allows me to begin to grasp their behaviour, though I understand that this doesn’t really teach me anything as it’s all about defying linear logic and labeling, and once any idea is in an embryonic state it is meant to be destroyed in favour of the abstract and uncertain, unknowing and unknown.

There may or may not be a 4th man. There appeared to be another man who was able to appear from nowhere and to vanish or dissolve himself, or appear (in a rough estimated way) to be one of the others if he wanted himself to be.

This is how they all artistically and intellectually formed themselves into abstractions of language, idea and social expectation, and it’s very fluid and exciting – because it feels dangerous as it seeks to destroy conventional and accepted social precepts and expectations, but it also seeks to destroy the idea of a conformist self, the self is anything it wants, or doesn't want or likes to be and the ego is only an idea that can and will be destroyed and replaced by a far more dynamic and anarchic human abstraction of itself.

The location:

The place where they live is a chaotic squat of mixed media terra-formed into the frame of a functional working household. Broken and working furniture is everywhere, with welded bits of metal and machinery and plastics and random toys and domestic objects. One entire half of a ‘chopped’ bus or coach, cut length ways, is welded onto the side of the house, and every surface is painted in thick heavy layers of paint - sometimes in lurid colours, other places in pastels, sometimes covered in plastic and then painted creating unusual and sometimes anthropomorphic or ‘Pareidolic’ – of or pertaining to Pareidolia - impressionistic shapes.
Sometimes paint has been thrown over or dripped on previous layers of paint, giving a highly stylised and colour saturated cave type appearance.
This has obviously been in development over some period of time.

The sound-scape:

They have a working and very fine stereo system – from which is being played quite abstract music of their own making.
It is both pleasant melodic electro sounds, but it is randomly intersected with sometimes sonically disturbing waves of noise, or voice, or clashing layers of sound which resolve themselves into melodic electro again, which then mutates again into something new and interesting, occasionally edging into industrial techno but never going far from its electro roots.

re: ELECTRO-ANARCHIST EXISTENTIALIST COLLECTIVE  mandolyn  3 Oct 13 4:35PM Thread Closed

last night i dreamt i was going to the doctor to have a biopsy and right when the doctor was going to tell me the results i woke up with actual pain below the freckle that is suppose to be biopsied. it was weird. it lasted a few minutes but then went away.

so, yeah.. i probably have basic cell carcinoma (which is very popular and treated quickly) but honestly, i think it's nothing. i think the reason i had this dream was because my mom just found out one of the freckles on her face had cancer and they got it all out so she doesn't actually have cancer anywhere (that they know of) in her body, but it was still a scare for me because i love my dear sweet mum and the thought of her going through cancer frightens and saddens me. the dream was heavy. i hate those sometimes. other times i love it when they squeeze me so hard i wake up trying to catch my breath.

re: dreaming  mandolyn  3 Oct 13 7:36PM Thread Closed

> I dreamed once for all the toothless kitties trapped under trucks.
>
> I dreamed twice for Voltaire.
>
> I dreamed a burrow and a pitchfork, and my mother headless in the
> drive.
>
> I dreamed I wanted to hand you my pants, lick the stain from your
> neck.
>
> I dreamed I folded failing pashminas around white breasted girls.
>
> I dreamed I sang a song of illness to a pocket full of veins.

yield? you corker you. or not yield? you corker you.

re: dreaming  unknown  3 Oct 13 8:01PM Thread Closed

^ Wasn't me.

re: ELECTRO-ANARCHIST EXISTENTIALIST COLLECTIVE  jenn  4 Oct 13 9:45AM Thread Closed

> It is quite simple, you are plainly mad.

It's that simple, Herr Doktor? Ihr diagnose ist immer willkommen.

re: ELECTRO-ANARCHIST EXISTENTIALIST COLLECTIVE  mandolyn  4 Oct 13 3:24PM Thread Closed

i dreamt about being attacked
i set a volleyball for someone and then i felt my back being kicked
my face hit the pavement

i woke up.

why did you kick me, cerulise?

re: ELECTRO-ANARCHIST EXISTENTIALIST COLLECTIVE  unknown  4 Oct 13 3:37PM Thread Closed

> i dreamt about being attacked
> i set a volleyball for someone and then i felt my back being kicked
> my face hit the pavement
>
> i woke up.
>
> why did you kick me, cerulise?

What did you expect, kissing?

re: ELECTRO-ANARCHIST EXISTENTIALIST COLLECTIVE  mandolyn  4 Oct 13 3:38PM Thread Closed

> > i dreamt about being attacked
> > i set a volleyball for someone and then i felt my back being kicked
> > my face hit the pavement
> >
> > i woke up.
> >
> > why did you kick me, cerulise?
>
> What did you expect, kissing?

hahaha! no. i was joking. it wasn't even cerulise in the dream. i was checking to see if he is still alive and kicking. it was probably jenn who was kicking me in the back -- or yield because i put a siberian tiger in his truck last night. ;)

re: ELECTRO-ANARCHIST EXISTENTIALIST COLLECTIVE  unknown  4 Oct 13 3:44PM Thread Closed

> > > i dreamt about being attacked
> > > i set a volleyball for someone and then i felt my back being
> kicked
> > > my face hit the pavement
> > >
> > > i woke up.
> > >
> > > why did you kick me, cerulise?
> >
> > What did you expect, kissing?
>
> hahaha! no. i was joking. it wasn't even cerulise in the dream. i was
> checking to see if he is still alive and kicking. it was probably jenn
> who was kicking me in the back -- or yield because i put a siberian
> tiger in his truck last night. ;)

Jenn would have kicked you in the crotch, she likes that.

Return To Index
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next

1.801s