poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index1-10 of 15
This is an amazing place.  bear  3 Mar 16 4:41PM Thread Closed

This is an incredible place that I hold dear to my heart. I have been posting here over ten years (off and on) since I was a teenager. I have learned so much about critique and writing from this website. This is where I found my passion for poetry. I have taken a number of writing classes (I studied Literature in college) but I am convinced I have learned more from the people on this website.
I stumbled across poetry critical when I was 16 while trying to find poems by Bukowski and I found a poem called "fuck art" by thirdeyris and it blew me away. Here's the link if you want to check it out http://poetrycritical.net/read/10340/ I decided to post some of my own writings on here and it was really hard at first, I had never been critiqued by strangers, but through it I became a stronger writer.
I just want to say thank you to this community and its cast of characters, you have inspired me and truly changed my life. You guys are awesome and I hope to enjoy another ten years with all of you on this site.

re: This is an amazing place.  bear  3 Mar 16 5:09PM Thread Closed

That almost seems like a compliment. You called me "poetic" on a website about writing poetry. So... Thank you?

re: This is an amazing place.  Isabelle5  3 Mar 16 5:17PM Thread Closed

Those of us here a long time remember when you came, still love you, Bear.

re: This is an amazing place.  Isabelle5  3 Mar 16 5:18PM Thread Closed

Still love you, Bear!

re: This is an amazing place.  bear  3 Mar 16 5:20PM Thread Closed

I forgot to mention how much I have enjoyed all of the unknowns through the years.

re: This is an amazing place.  jenakajoffer  3 Mar 16 5:29PM Thread Closed

I agree, bear. It's hard to believe I found this place almost 11 years ago! I was scared shitless. I have learned and shared, made lifelong friends here, and even though I have also come and gone over the years, I can't stay away too long. And what's amazing is that is looks like we've had quite a few people return as of late, like yourself, bear, which is awesome.

Sharing my gratitude as well for the wonderful people here who've helped me along the way. Even poetic diks! Lol. 😜

By the way, gingerdave was the first person to take my hand and lead me gently down the avenue of poetics here on PC. He was so kind and encouraging. If I was treated with some of the comments I see now, I would have ran away crying I'm sure, I was soooo sensitive and insecure. A sad little person, full of fear and pain. I can't thank ginger enough for that kindness. And I SUCKED!

Hi Isabelle ☺️

re: This is an amazing place.  jenakajoffer  3 Mar 16 5:31PM Thread Closed

I miss so many people but I also miss crazies like bologna, pratorian, stn3orian and outerspace

re: This is an amazing place.  bear  3 Mar 16 5:32PM Thread Closed

Thanks Isabelle! I have always enjoyed you. You were the of first I found helpful on this site.

> Those of us here a long time remember when you came, still love you,
> Bear.

re: This is an amazing place.  bear  3 Mar 16 5:46PM Thread Closed

jen, I think we arrived around the same time, there are so many names that I recall and I wonder if they are around. I remember noodleman, I always like that guy. You, Isabelle, starr, inutile, lonelygirl, opal, so many people have really helped me, too many to name. I grew up while posting on this site. It brings me joy there are so many people still here and I agree it seems for whatever reason quite a few people are returning at this time. I was also insecure and scared, this site gave me a tough skin and taught me all about trolls haha. It is nice to "see" you all.

> I agree, bear. It's hard to believe I found this place almost 11
> years ago! I was scared shitless. I have learned and shared, made
> lifelong friends here, and even though I have also come and gone over
> the years, I can't stay away too long. And what's amazing is that is
> looks like we've had quite a few people return as of late, like
> yourself, bear, which is awesome.
>
> Sharing my gratitude as well for the wonderful people here who've
> helped me along the way. Even poetic diks! Lol. 😜
>
> By the way, gingerdave was the first person to take my hand and lead
> me gently down the avenue of poetics here on PC. He was so kind and
> encouraging. If I was treated with some of the comments I see now, I
> would have ran away crying I'm sure, I was soooo sensitive and
> insecure. A sad little person, full of fear and pain. I can't thank
> ginger enough for that kindness. And I SUCKED!
>
> Hi Isabelle ☺️

re: This is an amazing place.  bear  3 Mar 16 6:21PM Thread Closed

That is fair. Speaking of rhetoric, I always found that Obama's rhetoric in speeches is reminiscent of Whitman, especially Leaves of Grass. Obama has a way of tapping into the everyman that I have not heard other politicians do in my generation. I am not trying to start a political discussion. More of a discussion about words. I don't know if its enlightening but I would like to hear your opinion.

Return To Index
1 2 | Next

1.146s