poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index1-8 of 8
total compassion  cadmium  26 Jul 16 3:05PM Thread Closed

the buddha's compassion on everyone -- die trying to save some stranger's life. but, stone socratic ridicule on people who write poetry cause it's easier for them than the short story they'd really want to shove up our dayglow.

"poetry" is a crutch for half the people here, and they don't need a crutch, just a path they can walk on on their own.

re: total compassion  CervusWright  1 Aug 16 12:19AM Thread Closed

You're right.  It took me nearly ten years to find that out, but you're right, Mike.  What I called 'poetry' was a rhythmic form of self-therapy that was made up of my own experiences/perceptions, and they were so damn small. I would say that the gift of my self-delusion and grandiosity that's posted on here, has allowed me to go back like a girl reviewing a diary entry, and feel some compassion for my naivety and ignorance.

It's a hard thing to see yourself, but I still enjoy reading other people's journeys.

Tx

re: total compassion  cadmium  1 Aug 16 5:34AM Thread Closed

i'm too harsh. but, the ego hate behind some of these innocent "i just feel it" posts. "i will win".

re: total compassion  cadmium  2 Aug 16 11:54AM Thread Closed

and, I might see,
that you are he...
who walked atop the galilee.

but, talking of it,
later on, you chatted on,
it made me yawn.

re: total compassion  cadmium  2 Aug 16 2:45PM Thread Closed

not so much, my porky pine,
at least, if so, it's not your whine --
for, when you feel like dialog,
you howl and moan like plato's dog.

you howl like plato's dog, in pain;
in a foreign town, out in the rain.
yes, bark and whimper in the wet --
he's left you there, he hates dumb pets.

re: total compassion  cadmium  3 Aug 16 1:36AM Thread Closed

sublime pro-prof, in silk and tweed,
would not it do, you'd learn to read?

for, quit of fumbling, wit impote,
you'd figure out just what i'd wrote.

re: total compassion  percocet  5 Aug 16 11:34PM Thread Closed

ever heard of Tao? Sun Tzu is no fool.  catholisism?...shit, rifles and religion...Elizer Wiezel? What does it feel like?  to have your dad as dead weight?  while kingslayers reign---infinity isn't a symbol... Who the fuck are you?

re: total compassion  cadmium  5 Aug 16 11:57PM Thread Closed

i wonder if you have. maybe you've kind of glanced at it, but it should be used as a method for enlightenment in a situation, not an arty idealization of some abstract something out of nothing. that's the virtue of that kind of thinking -- that it's practical. my practicality is that i would die for you, but if i have to talk with you here about the process and reality of poetry writing, i want you to think about what you say, not just think you're saying true things because 'poetry can't be explained'. if it can't, then why call your stuff poetry and post it in an advanced poetry workshop like this?

to reply "what" the fuck are you? donald trump's guru?

This thread has been closed to new comments by a moderator.

Return To Index

Recent Best (expand)
0.35s