poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index11-20 of 23
re: SHOT OUT  cadmium  12 Aug 16 3:57PM Thread Closed

I don't think so. what we did then was noble. we can't be in two places at once (quantum is just the whole) and can't know what we did except in token memory. but, suppose you trip or have an event which drops yo back into the memory set -- as in a dream, you feel it's real. and, suppose you were color blind and ran a light... would your internal view be in full spectrum? ou, suppose your Chinese friend blurted in mandarin to stop. and, you didn't know mandarin,  thought he was talking about some dude walking by. so, your modern now knows mandarin and in the time vision you safely stop.what ca you learn from the past? you already knew to stop at lights, to pay attention. it may be that you were supposed to crash.

you're supposed to be here.

re: SHOT OUT  cadmium  12 Aug 16 6:09PM Thread Closed

"kid" ends at 35.

re: SHOT OUT  unknown  13 Aug 16 5:04AM Thread Closed

> "kid" ends at 35.

Are you kidding?

re: SHOT OUT  unknown  13 Aug 16 6:57AM Thread Closed

> I don't think so.

No, you wouldn't, would you.
It's obvious you want to appear as the contratrian in all things and simply argue for the sake of it which does nothing other than defeat its own purpose.
You achieve nothing and reach no one.

re: SHOT OUT  cadmium  13 Aug 16 9:58AM Thread Closed

if being aware of history and society is simply going to put me at odds with roundheads, then that's part of being a poet.

roundheads are satisfied too easily. give them beer or a simple explanation or something to comfort or enrage and they're good with life. they are bred for that.

> > I don't think so.
>
>
> No, you wouldn't, would you.
> It's obvious you want to appear as the contratrian in all things and
> simply argue for the sake of it which does nothing other than defeat
> its own purpose.
> You achieve nothing and reach no one.

re: SHOT OUT  cadmium  13 Aug 16 10:05AM Thread Closed

i'm seventy. i look at how i was when i was thirty, and i see this egotistically driven idiot trying to make myself mature, which meant protecting myself from people who were meaner or smarter or simply just other people. so, i had my modes and ways, the kind of thing kids at 30 do to differentiate themselves from the enemy... which means people who don't wanna give you a nice day. and, i had a tremendous nostalgia for childhood freedom and a great repulsion against childhood infantile ignorance. i wanted to be free. i wanted to go back to nature, and at the same time be empowered by modern progress. my daughter was just born. i wanted for her the life i didn't have, the life of independent thinking and living. 30's are when you start becoming conceptual, thinking about how you're going to become someone. for most of us, without any resources, it just means working on your hustle and seeing that, and hating that hustle fearful greedy part of you. and, you make art. but, really, to have a career and not a vocation.

> > "kid" ends at 35.
>
> Are you kidding?

Cadmium  aforbing  13 Aug 16 10:32AM Thread Closed

I just sent u an email...
Everyone else--what is this "mor" of which you speak or "UNK"... do u mean "unknown".
See, to me, UNK makes me think of UNKLE Crispy, who used to enlighten these pages with poetry.
I miss IMC, Starr, LarryLark, even Mor... JKWeb, Jenkaoffer (sp?) and some of the greats who used to be on here all the time.
Is it too soon to say:  "Make PC great again"???

re: Cadmium  cadmium  13 Aug 16 10:45AM Thread Closed

got the email. thanks. will forward it to the illuminati censor to find out if i'm allowed to read it.

p.c. is great. you've got to be conceptual about the place. it allows open writing, freedom to write in any way you can without censorship -- mostly. and, for a poet, that means working the poem so that it says the poetry -- as dylan thomas says, poetry is the source of poet. most other sites want everything to be a nice chat party where singles and dissatisfied spouses can get together and flirt over gossip. the poems are just things they do when they're not doing something important.

p.c. is great.

> I just sent u an email...
> Everyone else--what is this "mor" of which you speak or "UNK"...
> do u mean "unknown".
> See, to me, UNK makes me think of UNKLE Crispy, who used to enlighten
> these pages with poetry.
> I miss IMC, Starr, LarryLark, even Mor... JKWeb, Jenkaoffer (sp?) and
> some of the greats who used to be on here all the time.
> Is it too soon to say:  "Make PC great again"???

re: SHOT OUT  unknown  14 Aug 16 2:30AM Thread Closed

and of course the world's worse self appointed mouth piece. Most people who have any sense are waiting till he finally disappears in a shroud of his own garrulous puff before returning.

re: Cadmium  unknown  14 Aug 16 8:25AM Thread Closed

Unfortunately, with the present Mor in situ, P.C. can never be great again.

~ corrected the name and the silly, childish grammar error. ~

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

0.339s