poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index1-10 of 18
self renewal and self abuse in poetry writing under the 4th french republic  cadmium  25 Aug 16 10:23AM Thread Closed

is something i don't know too much about.

but, getting off by writing prose while tapping your foot and calling it 'poetry' is ritual and satisfying when you're all alone in the world with no girlfriend.

laptop dance.

re: self renewal and self abuse in poetry writing under the 4th french republic  hank  25 Aug 16 3:03PM Thread Closed

I thought you were a girl.

re: self renewal and self abuse in poetry writing under the 4th french republic  cadmium  25 Aug 16 3:30PM Thread Closed

sad, dude. i thought you were a poodle for awhile.

re: self renewal and self abuse in poetry writing under the 4th french republic  PollyReg  25 Aug 16 4:10PM Thread Closed

I'll take the poodle if hank doesn't want it. Thems are darling those woofs.

re: self renewal and self abuse in poetry writing under the 4th french republic  cadmium  25 Aug 16 6:12PM Thread Closed

the revelation for me here in p.c. after so many years, is that rapists here see other rapists and party girls look for anything to make the bad stuff go away.

the site is the pure field where truth is the only value. but, the truth of a troglodyte -- is that truth here or just bullshit meant to sound intelligent. and, for what? to make us all go away?

re: self renewal and self abuse in poetry writing under the 4th french republic  PollyReg  25 Aug 16 8:36PM Thread Closed

^ What are you ranting about? I thought you were doing politics again and now you are talking about rapists? Will you just chill out? Christ almighty.

re: self renewal and self abuse in poetry writing under the 4th french republic  cadmium  25 Aug 16 9:39PM Thread Closed

you can be real here, not lie, and skum can't do anything about it, can't use it against you, because we can see their moves as just pathetic spastic.

you might as well actually admit whatever it is, because whatever you are and have done, it's nothing next to what you can make in words to walk out of hell. none of you are from my hell, you can't hurt my language, so fuck off.

re: self renewal and self abuse in poetry writing under the 4th french republic  PollyReg  25 Aug 16 10:24PM Thread Closed

not really sure where this is going. i don't want to assume others are doing secret badness or secret raping. that is something that would interfere with my own well being. so i am going to stop reading and replying to it now.

re: self renewal and self abuse in poetry writing under the 4th french republic  PollyReg  25 Aug 16 10:28PM Thread Closed

I think what you are 'actually' saying is that if people want to do autobiographical poetry it is encouraged.

I rarely write it but the reason is not that i have anything to hide. I've read many times that the best way 'not' to write poetry is to try and write about 'something real'

....and i know you will disagree, but for me that is true enough.

re: self renewal and self abuse in poetry writing under the 4th french republic  cadmium  25 Aug 16 10:59PM Thread Closed

of course you'd think that, that it's about your little word-arrangements, to avoid thinking that what you're doing in the comments is autobiographical, revealing your actual self far beyond what you'd want us to know. what it means is that you don't have to pretend to be anything here, because the writing can't be pretended. you'll always write the way you are. the way of a poet is to write out of your defensive transactional language and become real as a writer.

you can still be a fake writer on one of the social media poetry sites, and it won't matter here to us at all.

> I think what you are 'actually' saying is that if people want to do
> autobiographical poetry it is encouraged.
>
> I rarely write it but the reason is not that i have anything to hide.
> I've read many times that the best way 'not' to write poetry is to
> try and write about 'something real'
>
> ....and i know you will disagree, but for me that is true enough.

Return To Index
1 2 | Next

0.339s