poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index1-10 of 50
here i am again, it's me... come and see what's over the rainbow  cadmium  2 Jan 17 7:42PM Thread Closed

back again, a month early, but it looks like my not being here didn't have any effect at all, so... here i am again; hoping to find a friend to play with -- a bro or a sis, anyone who can't resist a phrase.

re: here i am again, it's me... come and see what's over the rainbow  unknown  3 Jan 17 7:19AM Thread Closed

you over-estimate your effect

re: here i am again, it's me... come and see what's over the rainbow  cadmium  3 Jan 17 12:56PM Thread Closed

well, i don't, and that's the point. ladddy-larry stated to one and all that i was ruining the site. i know very well that i'm a niche commodity here. though, you must admit that your response seems to suggest that you're affected.

re: here i am again, it's me... come and see what's over the rainbow  unknown  4 Jan 17 2:25PM Thread Closed

RE: my first reply.

re: here i am again, it's me... come and see what's over the rainbow  cadmium  4 Jan 17 4:11PM Thread Closed

i thought bette davis was dead.

re: here i am again, it's me... come and see what's over the rainbow  unknown  5 Jan 17 1:18AM Thread Closed

In 2017 how can you make money from writing poetry?
Or is posthumously the only possibility?

re: here i am again, it's me... come and see what's over the rainbow  cadmium  5 Jan 17 1:36AM Thread Closed

money is a token of energy. writing poetry merges your personalities into a self, and that you don't want so much, don't need so much money. the merging generates energy, radiates it, warming your past so that it flows into your present, fucking your world and mind into a spinning ball. and, that's why word poopers don't write poetry. .. they just want to collect pages and pages of poop... millenia of poop..  

re: here i am again, it's me... come and see what's over the rainbow  PollyReg  5 Jan 17 4:59AM Thread Closed

https://youtu.be/qcjh1a9Yoao

(?)

re: here i am again, it's me... come and see what's over the rainbow  unknown  5 Jan 17 10:04AM Thread Closed

So is the difference between wealthy word poopers and impoverished poets that the former are stuck state static rather than engaged in life's rotational poetic niceties?
It seems unfair that poetry isn't a money-making pursuit.
If it was perhaps the standard would improve.  
I'd ask the Blockheads but their best part's deceased -- which leaves you and Polly who I can always discount for an on topic reply.

re: here i am again, it's me... come and see what's over the rainbow  cadmium  5 Jan 17 10:58AM Thread Closed

the difference is between writing a poem to define and become, and writing a prose list of sentences to get something.

if you really think of it in terms of your consciousness being a part of nature, then a sunset or a flower -- experiencing them -- are necessarily free. a poem should be a gift to the world. and, anyway, money -- we just spend it like it was money. film scripts and novels -- those are lists of your brilliant thoughts and style. you should get money for them, since that's all they can give.

> So is the difference between wealthy word poopers and impoverished
> poets that the former are stuck state static rather than engaged in
> life's rotational poetic niceties?
> It seems unfair that poetry isn't a money-making pursuit.
> If it was perhaps the standard would improve.  
> I'd ask the Blockheads but their best part's deceased -- which
> leaves you and Polly who I can always discount for an on topic reply.

Return To Index
1 2 3 4 5 | Next

0.376s