poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index21-30 of 41
re: when should i write poetry?  PollyReg  31 May 17 10:58PM Thread Closed

Why would you say that?

> the title of the site is 'poetry critical', not 'martha stewart
> pretty polly poetry'... LOL.

re: when should i write poetry?  PollyReg  31 May 17 11:04PM Thread Closed

I don't even know who Martha Stewart is...save for that she was in that movie "bad moms"...which was hilarious and that she is some sort of TV cook or something.

re: when should i write poetry?  cadmium  31 May 17 11:04PM Thread Closed

just to get the point across that you're not intuitive or poetic, and use the site as a cheap chat room where you don't have to really be responsible for your identity. and, i work the site for learning how to write, not to get friends. you don't do metaphor and haven't much imagination -- i guess you're what's called 'scientific' in attitude towards the world? -- that everything can be made better if you just let go of your irrationality? meanwhile, you're here at a poetry site. poetry is intuitive and visual and musical. but, mostly it's about creating things with words to re-make the world for yourself. just writing a speech or a sermon, the way you write -- guilt tripping us -- doesn't make much of anything at all.

re: when should i write poetry?  PollyReg  31 May 17 11:07PM Thread Closed

I'm sorry if I use it as a chat room. I'm probably lonely. At least I don't use it as a thinly disguised "no girls allowed" club room slash tinder. wink wink.

re: when should i write poetry?  PollyReg  31 May 17 11:13PM Thread Closed

I 'can' do metaphor though. Perhaps I don't have much of an imagination...If I was a brilliant writer I'd have written a book or been published or something. I haven't claimed to be one. Ever. Your point?

re: when should i write poetry?  PollyReg  31 May 17 11:30PM Thread Closed

I don't guilt trip anybody. The only thing I have going for me is my personality. I'm not super bright, not super attractive, not really good at anything...but I'm nice and I'm well received by most people. I like reading poetry and online communication amuses me. If you feel I have nothing to offer here, well then fine. But you have no reason to carry on as you do.

re: when should i write poetry?  cadmium  1 Jun 17 1:07AM Thread Closed

> I 'can' do metaphor though. Perhaps I don't have much of an
> imagination...If I was a brilliant writer I'd have written a book or
> been published or something. I haven't claimed to be one. Ever. Your
> point?


LOL. yes, and you could've have been the greatest painter in the world too, if you'd just had time.

re: when should i write poetry?  PollyReg  1 Jun 17 1:34AM Thread Closed

That's neither true nor fair.

Just an intentional misinterpretation of what I said.

I would have travelled before I had kids if I'd had time...How about that one? That ones true.

re: when should i write poetry?  cadmium  1 Jun 17 1:56AM Thread Closed

it's also not fair to come into a writer's vocational group and try to change it to women's gymnastics so's you can be a star.

anyway, that line was from a poem of mine, used in the post as a joke, and i think it shows you don't read the poetry here very much at all.

good vs evil, cadmium, good vs evil  PollyReg  1 Jun 17 2:15AM Thread Closed

No I didn't know that

What you do is a very good skill to have in an argument, if you like arguing and you do this:

"I'm telling you what I actually KNOW you don't think so I can intelligently argue against something."

Twisted upside on its head it is the same method that those of us who are charming (ha ha ho ho) use in social situations.

It only works to a certain extent with me though because suddenly I find myself in the middle of an argument I know I'm not having.

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next


0.347s