poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index11-20 of 28
re: getting messages saying there are errors  cadmium  29 Jul 17 5:10PM Thread Closed

X-actually, cadmium comes in colors and doesn't rust. "unknown'' means you have no history and have probably never had one.

re: getting messages saying there are errors  unknown  29 Jul 17 5:59PM Thread Closed

You well know that Donald included the unknown option for good reason, Mr B.
My history can remain private if I so choose, although I grant you posting as unk isn't always appropriate.
In this specific instance it simply doesn't matter.
My decision here is no way creepy and like tumbleweed it's really not worthy of debate in a poetry ghost town.

re: getting messages saying there are errors  cadmium  29 Jul 17 6:13PM Thread Closed

donald was pretty young and inexperienced when he started the site. at first, for him, it was a surprising exposition of ordinary people writing sub-literate poetry but having nice attitudes. that all lasted for about 15 minutes until the anonymous trolls started using the site for sex acts: verbal exhibitionists saying nasty words for effect. and, then the marginals, the people who needed any kind of attention at all for any reason, fed these trolls.

conceptually, i get that emo-world poetry needs to not be responsible for what's posted -- that it's all too sensitive and poetry is the expression of truth and feeling and shouldn't need to be edited. i get that... i used to be 14 too.

but, a real critical space is about real people working with each other to get the actual poem in the words they're writing. i know you don't get that -- what 14 year old doesn't want to just drive a car and have fun?

when you have real people -- not posers and typists with a theme -- working with each other, you need to know what else they've written, where they're coming from -- need to know what they want from poetry and why they're writing at all. that's the respect needed and why poets are poets and talk about the writing of the poem with each other.

i know you don't really feel you're a poet, that that's kind of too gay for you, and that this is a chat room and that a critique should only be a positive response and a spell check. have a nice 'this is good, i like dogs too/ this is bad, you suck' day.

re: getting messages saying there are errors  unknown  31 Jul 17 4:04AM Thread Closed

My, my, the age hang up still bugging you like a dirty fingernail now you're in your dotage.
Don't you get it's a human thing gives us the ability to think differently to one another about stuff that stops us being worms -- especially true online.
Your philosophy of alienating others to gratify ego seems to be all you have.
The hand nailed to the tiller forever, ragged sails jury rigged, drawing blindly towards your own poetic Valhalla which only you ever understood.
Communicate or entertain but don't be nasty for it's own sake.
When there's only one tree on the island don't be dumb enough to pick up the axe.

re: getting messages saying there are errors  cadmium  31 Jul 17 12:59PM Thread Closed

naw, this is a poetry workshop not an ego salon. pc is only as dead as the people who're here; to me it's very alive, and there's good writing here. you could learn writing from reading just my posts, not to mention larry's. it's only about the poetry, not about you. you may want to be a guy, but don't turn into a sissy.

re: getting messages saying there are errors  unknown  1 Aug 17 3:09AM Thread Closed

Yes, Larry -- hardly your best buddy -- has been known to hit the spot over the years.
I'm afraid I can't say the same for your writing.
I admit you have mellowed a tad since your illness, but there's still room for improvement.
Think on.

re: getting messages saying there are errors  cadmium  1 Aug 17 3:22AM Thread Closed

you're not my audience. save it for the hobby writers, the people who think they're something special and write just for fun. you're fun. post another spam for laughs.

re: getting messages saying there are errors  unknown  2 Aug 17 10:20AM Thread Closed

Not strictly true as you've commented on my posts in the past, which is always welcome.
Hobby writers, yep, they're here, there and everywhere
I do hope you're not comparing me to the parrot lady.

re: getting messages saying there are errors  cadmium  2 Aug 17 11:28AM Thread Closed

but, monsieur, i do not know you.

re: getting messages saying there are errors  unknown  10 Aug 17 7:29PM Thread Closed

Totally agree. Unknown is by design. And therefore unquestionably part of the site culture.

UNKNOWN

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Recent Best (expand)
0.355s