poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index11-20 of 42
re: i'll stop posting until sept 2018  unknown  12 Jun 18 2:13PM Thread Closed

The site has only Jenna ,  Web and Larry to contribute. What can be done to bring back the regulars ?
is Cadmium going to help us with thzis problem

re: i'll stop posting until sept 2018  cadmium  12 Jun 18 2:24PM Thread Closed

there's poetry circle for the kind of writing you're interested in reading and presenting. this is a site for more than just writing letters with funny line breaks and news items too small to be a paragraph. mostly, it's got to be this good place where you know you'll get a real crit. then, you can take your special precious over to poetry circle, or publish it up in vanity or whatever, and get your cheap satisfactions.

jen writes well sometimes, when she's focused. j.k. only writes well, it seems, when he's angry and out of his control the victims mode. larry is standard grade english and thinks poetry writing is lamer but fun, and doesn't want to have us take his memoirs as more than just playing-around. there have been really good poets here but jen and larry and j.k. have critted them as though they were supposed to write like robert frost. frost wasn't even a poet. if you understand that, then this is the only site on the web where you can free-post whatever you invent as poetry and find a critic.  

re: i'll stop posting until sept 2018  unknown  12 Jun 18 4:17PM Thread Closed

The relentless cadmium ploughs on. He's not contributing till September......12th June 13th June ....2nd July ...6th August...Oh its a long long time from June to Sepember. I almost thought for one happy moment he was going on a three month vacation on the North Korean peninsula....to explore his nuclear options.  

re: i'll stop posting until sept 2018  unknown  12 Jun 18 4:19PM Thread Closed

> The site has only Jenna ,  Web and Larry to contribute. What can be
> done to bring back the regulars ?
> is Cadmium going to help us with thzis problem.

They are almost certainly not on here because of him. He can't solve the problem , he is the problem.

re: i'll stop posting until sept 2018  cadmium  12 Jun 18 4:55PM Thread Closed

they're at poetry circle. if you only need a like and an oprah interview.

in the 12 years or so i've posted my poetry here, i've only had one helpful crit. you understand that they, the easily bored, aren't of any use here?

best would be to eliminate 'top rated', 'cause this is a crit site, not a hog contest. getting liked by people who can't read poetry makes people who can't write it co-dependent and empowered. writing a text and breaking it into cute line breaks isn't poetry. better to think your world into a feeling world, away fromthis intellectual abstract shit of, everyone can write poetry. everyone can have a baby poodle too.poodles are cute.

think with your heart, not your brain. only write what you feel, not what you think we want to read. my friends say you hate me because i'm honest. i think you're just afraid of me because you've never read and heard about what poets and poetry are really like. all you can do is do what you do, which is bark and piss.

re: i'll stop posting until sept 2018  cadmium  12 Jun 18 5:11PM Thread Closed

poetry is the chemistry of finding out who you really are, through the creation of new languages and emotions. any poem you write is the baby of your next poem. tears of my boo-hoo water the north star. light from the star grows between us some love no one can name.

re: i'll stop posting until sept 2018  unknown  13 Jun 18 5:46AM Thread Closed

"I'll stop posting till September." There seems to be another guy called Cadmium posting on here. Wel well well, what a surprise that is.

re: i'll stop posting until sept 2018  cadmium  13 Jun 18 11:42AM Thread Closed

i'm a perfectly normal INFJ, doing what we do when we do it. i'm not a cubicle bookkeeper for exxon. the only thing i get from this post of yours is that you write ugly prose -- you're not a poet. you should see that i'm not posting in the poetry section. how difficult is it to be conceptual? how difficult is it to be you? i understand and sympathize, but, really, i wish you'd write something beautiful.

> "I'll stop posting till September." There seems to be another guy
> called Cadmium posting on here. Wel well well, what a surprise that
> is.

re: i'll stop posting until sept 2018  rivergood  13 Jun 18 3:25PM Thread Closed

why have you left us missing you

re: i'll stop posting until sept 2018  cadmium  13 Jun 18 4:27PM Thread Closed

> why have you left us missing you

it's to normalize the site. maybe more social-oriented people will post their stuff and chat and all. also, maybe the spammer will stop, if the spammer is mostly trying to get rid of me by destroying the site itself.

also, i'm not getting any crits anyway -- i work hard to make the right crits, but all people like you do is fart out some 'this is good' stuff -- which doesn't tell me anything, even if the piece is good or bad for you. if you can't articulate why it's good, what the writing does to make it good, then i don't learn anything. i need to learn how to be a better writer. the stuff posted, all the heart felt reactions and opinions and attacks in prose called 'poetry', just isn't that mature enough as content or form -- even if what's being talked about is 'old people' or 'she wasn't a good lay' stuff. not for me, anyway. i've been around, met a ton of people and seen a lot. a poem isn't just a witnessing of your sentiment, it's a dance in words to get you out of feeling like a victim. poetry writing makes you a better person, but not by making you talk about stuff you were afraid to talk about before. it's about getting your head to let your body talk in words.

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next

1.357s