poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index1-10 of 35
thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  cadmium  24 Jun 18 10:46PM Thread Closed

doesn't really matter. people don't post anyway, and the spammer posts just to post -- it's not about me at all.

posting here, it allows me to show work. but, the danger here is that you start writing for this group of posters: they don't give any real critique and the don't seem to pick up on each other's moves. it's like all about whether you say your puppy got lost or you lost a tooth gnawing on somebody's underwear. all about events and nothing about writing itself. spell correction and grammar correction is not about writing.

grammar correction and spell-check is cost accounting, and as a hobby is somewhere below collecting stuff from under your fingernails as a creative response.

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  unknown  26 Jun 18 5:20AM Thread Closed

You have disappointed so many with that post.

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  cadmium  26 Jun 18 12:44PM Thread Closed

you and your pet cockroach are not a 'many'.

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  unknown  27 Jun 18 1:29AM Thread Closed

Cadmiun,
I think you understand poetry but when you do critique others, you sound too ambiguous or prickish.  Most of the time, when you get critique, you argue just for the sake of arguing.  You'll likely argue with this comment too.

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  unknown  27 Jun 18 5:04AM Thread Closed

Enough for the likes of you

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  cadmium  27 Jun 18 10:40AM Thread Closed

> Cadmiun,
> I think you understand poetry but when you do critique others, you
> sound too ambiguous or prickish.  Most of the time, when you get
> critique, you argue just for the sake of arguing.  You'll likely
> argue with this comment too.

i think you're a primitive who's never had an intellectual argument. it's not about projection of feelings, it's about building the concept of expression through words. the point of the crit is always to open up the dialog to talking honestly about how you made the poem and where the poem came from and, even, why something is or isn't a poem. what someone like you will never get, is that there is always hope in my critiques and poetry -- the hope that through our creativity we become real and become independent in thought and mind. you have to read all my crits, not just the one or two you read that i posted on your friend's and that you couldn't understand -- were not sophisticated and well-read in poetry enough to get my meaning and intent.

when someone says that i'm arguing for the sake of arguing, i think immediately that that person might have too low a reading IQ to read complicated writing.

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  unknown  28 Jun 18 5:19AM Thread Closed

> Cadmiun,
> I think you understand poetry but when you do critique others, you
> sound too ambiguous or prickish.  Most of the time, when you get
> critique, you argue just for the sake of arguing.  You'll likely
> argue with this comment too.

I totally agree with one half of one word you wrote unknown. Cadmium is a prick. He's a third rater in life who because he can't find happiness attempts pathetically to try and inflict misery on others. He can't communicate in the usual ways people do because beneath all his blather there lies an uncivilised wreck dressed up as a brass plated galleom with a hole in it.

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  cadmium  28 Jun 18 12:59PM Thread Closed

this is a comment i made on a recent poem:  

"wonderful piece, very textured and rich in feeling.

one thing, i like the capitalization of line-starts in this. people in the past have been scorned for using the traditional capping and that's not right. a poem is its own form and grammar.

also, i like the syllable count very much. it builds a very strong poem architecture, building the strong line then shortening or lengthening the count to control the reader's breathing. which is what a poem does... a kind of yoga of mind and body."  


> > Cadmiun,
> > I think you understand poetry but when you do critique others, you
> > sound too ambiguous or prickish.  Most of the time, when you get
> > critique, you argue just for the sake of arguing.  You'll likely
> > argue with this comment too.
>
> I totally agree with one half of one word you wrote unknown. Cadmium
> is a prick. He's a third rater in life who because he can't find
> happiness attempts pathetically to try and inflict misery on others.
> He can't communicate in the usual ways people do because beneath all
> his blather there lies an uncivilised wreck dressed up as a brass
> plated galleom with a hole in it.

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  cadmium  28 Jun 18 1:01PM Thread Closed

this is another comment i made recently:

"it's very good to learn to write by writing something powerful to your own senses, and not by just typing out 'ironic' sentences to nobody. but, that said, this needs to find a melody. it's like the readers-digest of a short story shortened for the busy reader. it's got some good lines, kind of like it's got some good images. but, it's pretty shot-gun, like you'd splattered your thoughts on the page. but, even, like you'd edited out the good or boring parts... missing parts which would make this a story instead of a collection of button-pushing lines...? but, it feels good, feels honest. just a little under-written and over-worded."

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  cadmium  28 Jun 18 1:03PM Thread Closed

this is a comment i made last may:

"nicely worded, i like flowing down the text in this, like on a slide. good strong ending, the sound of the word and its meaning make a strong brake on the poem.

this is what poetry can do when it's free of conventional restraints and capitalist grammars. ( well, office memo grammar, anyway. )"

Return To Index
1 2 3 4 | Next


1.128s