poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index11-20 of 35
re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  cadmium  28 Jun 18 1:10PM Thread Closed

check out this poem of mine, a love poem. and, look at the comments and who made them. one of them is the spammer. some people have a strong reaction to any perceived rejection. i try to help people step out of that victim mode we're trained in from our dear parents. help people talk back. some people just don't want to or even like to talk about anything. joe the plumber types. they don't really do poetry and don't like poets. still, here they are.

http://poetrycritical.net/read/76337/

it seems to me that i write more positive love poems here than anyone else. i get more grief for it too, because boys think love isn't real and that a 'love poem' should be about how they're 'not getting any love'. their thoughts on poetry and love poems are worthless, but if they have talent in writing, their thoughts on how i've written or mis-written the actual poem part are invaluable.

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  cadmium  28 Jun 18 1:11PM Thread Closed

this is another comment i made on a recent poem:

"really nice read. i hear it spoken, with rhythm and kind of fast. it's like a contrast poem... "he was tall and oblique, but he wanted a ride", but this one keeps adding teaxtures and it's nice to watch.

good writing."

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  cadmium  28 Jun 18 1:13PM Thread Closed

this is a comment i made on one of larry's recent poems:

"Cadmium style poem with the painted imagery
— unknown          [!]

you think that, unk, because uou haven't read enough poetry. both larry and i are within the modern poetry tradition. maybe that's what you're seeing. this is much more grounded and direct than i could write. larry always takes us into his real logically furnished world. i'm breaking off cliche bits from this disappointing world and using the cliches as energy to ride to at least over the rainbow.

larry's work is much more healthy than mine, and i want to say so here. i think larry would be both amused and appalled at the thought of appearing in the same style anthology as my homo-schizo babbling.
— cadmium"          [

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  cadmium  28 Jun 18 1:18PM Thread Closed

this is a comment i wrote on one of rivergod's pieces. someone actually thought i'd written the piece and was posting with another user name. this pisses me off, because it's so idiot, that the unk hadn't actually read the piece as poetry and couldn't see that it's just not how i write. as critics, we're supposed to read poetry as poetry, not as a mini-plot summary from oprah's book list.

"[ comment on the poem itself from unk: ]
good one Cadmium
— unknown          [!]

read much? this isn't mine and i don't even want to comment on it because it's such a private poem.

i really hate one-move players. they stand there looking like a complete idiot while saying this powerful thought that came to them without having to think it. i only post under my own periodic table designation. cadmium does not rust.

now i'll give RG a ten just because you crapped up his space."
— cadmium          [!]

so, you can say i'm mean or a prick, but i'm protecting poetry from it being used as a cheap tweet.

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  cadmium  28 Jun 18 1:19PM Thread Closed

recent comment i made on what turned out to be one of larry's poems:

"nice consciousness in this and writing of the concept. clever, yet simple and touching."

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  cadmium  28 Jun 18 1:38PM Thread Closed

another comment i made recently:

"nice time-space and spacing, made me read it maybe as you intended it to be heard... ? the existential thing about feeling time moving slow when you're waiting and don't want to wait comes through. the spacing for 'moved on' works for me."

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  unknown  6 Jul 18 2:52AM Thread Closed

You'll have us all crying into Kleenex next. The only tears that have been shed on here recently have been those brief ones when you said you were leaving till September. I still have the champagne on ice.

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  cadmium  6 Jul 18 10:47AM Thread Closed

if you really want to help me, for shooting on my 1d mark ii  and 1ds mark iii, do you think i should get the contax c/y 50mm f1.4, or get another leica r 50 summacron f2 to replace my broken...? i've got a canon 24-70mm L zoom, which is pretty good. i like shooting 50mm. sort of. the stuff i've got in modern new york was shot leica r4 on the prime, so there's a certain nostalgia for me in 50mm. Also got a canon 180mm L macro. it's most excellent, and i'd have it as my only lens if it came to that. mostly because it makes me think out and find the image to fit my feelings, rather than just show what's in front of it and let me push a button.

so, zeiss or leica? zeiss has better contrast and edge resolution, but leica 50 summacron gives a beautiful image.

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  unknown  6 Jul 18 2:21PM Thread Closed

your worthless comments are tolerated because  a healthier site could ignore you
I dislike  you using other  members  as your lollipop.

re: thinking not posting would be helpful, was a fail-ure  unknown  6 Jul 18 3:24PM Thread Closed

Cadmium admits his style as homo schizo babbling and he plays the game of points by giving worthless  10s

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

1.245s