poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index1-10 of 12
if the site is going to close,  cadmium  27 Jul 18 9:46PM Post Reply

if the site is going to close you'd better be smart and copy paste all the unsaved poems you posted here.

the site is an archive but not an important one, and if nobody wants to keep it going all your work and thoughts will disappear.

on thing, you can browser PDF a post and it'll save the poem and all the content.

re: if the site is going to close,  PollyReg  29 Jul 18 4:20AM Post Reply

I don't think I've anything here. I've only visited the site a handful of times in the past 6 months or so. Not sure why I did today.

But I'm going to have a look in any case. You've been running the site for a while now haven't you, Cadmium. That was my impression anyway.

Anyway, I'll catch you later. Sorry for the poems I miss.

re: if the site is going to close,  PollyReg  29 Jul 18 4:23AM Post Reply

Wow, I did.

I could have sworn I didn't. Oh well.

re: if the site is going to close,  cadmium  29 Jul 18 4:49AM Post Reply

no, polly. it's always been your need to have some male calling the shots in any social situation where you're at risk. but, i have no access to moderator keys nor any say in how the site went. i post here because i have to write, and it's good for me to be shamed and insulted by people who don't really like poets or poetry, just having fun. it's so embarrassing to have people with no talent tell me i've got no talent. like, how would they know?

re: if the site is going to close,  PollyReg  29 Jul 18 4:55AM Post Reply

"it's always been your need to have some male calling the shots in any social situation where you're at risk"

I'm not sure what you're talking about there, Mike.

"it's so embarrassing to have people with no talent tell me i've got no talent."

In Australia we call them ones: "Wimmins"

I'd love to have a banter with you but it doesn't seem right. Not now.

re: if the site is going to close,  cadmium  29 Jul 18 5:18AM Post Reply

you can't talk serious because you're not a word-poet. maybe you're a good dancer. a word poet has thought his own words out, become real with nature and with everything in nature. the site was called 'poetry critical', and don would be happy that we were finally bringing it back to the critical dialog of what's real and what's not as writing. his death is real. what he wanted in life was real. as recipients of his generosity our duty is to make his life real by showing each other and the world what we learned from his site. it allowed us to be more free as writers than on any other poetry site on the web, and in any college writing class or in-place workshop. we could take things too far and then back down, edit down for writing reality and poetry truth, to finally make ourselves poets through working out what we, from the critiques, realized was just fashion-fake gossip and chatter.  

don would have liked to have been in on this thread, polly. he was a smart guy.

re: if the site is going to close,  unknown  29 Jul 18 3:20PM Post Reply

Cadmium it must be stressful being an alpha male. All those  wregdlings under foot

re: if the site is going to close,  cadmium  29 Jul 18 4:57PM Post Reply

seems like you're the one not getting the alpha message over. i'm always in the middle, and i'm way INFJ and not an alpha male. being smart isn't the same as being a bully, and i'm not a bully. you are -- you're trying to get me to change my mind based on your assertions that i'm bad. you never show how, just as your crits never show how, just how much you feel. i don't care how you feel. if you come into the world of poetry you're in the world where i'm here too. we're not going to go away and let you be the poet with most poise just because you want it to happen.

> Cadmium it must be stressful being an alpha male. All those
> wregdlings under foot

re: if the site is going to close,  unknown  31 Jul 18 7:15PM Post Reply

you make self righteousness your throne.

re: if the site is going to close,  cadmium  31 Jul 18 8:06PM Post Reply

have a seat.

Return To Index
1 2 | Next

1.098s