poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index1-8 of 8
do we have to mean what we say when we write a poem?  cadmium  15 Aug 18 7:47PM Thread Closed

1. poetry is mostly about freedom.

freedom is a flavor of work. doing a job without someone or something hindering you is freedom to get the job done.

2. poetry is making words into the world.

words are created in reaction. we felt or sense and we made a noise.

3. poetry exists in the mind space that language exists in. poetry invents words and ways of using words.

4. nothing or no one can say that you're not writing a poem.

5. a critic is a poet who wants to make your poem a free poem, free of clone and fake.

a fake poem is a poem too. a good fake poem teaches us how not to write a poem. in a workshop, that's good. helpful.

6. critique like you were the poet you're reading. give that poet a mirror to see what was actually written, and help the poet out of this vanity thing of 'i said it, it's done'. just saying nice things about people and writing you don't give a damn about is just for you -- just to control the insecure. some critics are just evil control freaks, and you know this, know who they are and what they want.

re: do we have to mean what we say when we write a poem?  impoppy  16 Aug 18 8:39PM Thread Closed

1. poetry is mostly about freedom. WRONG
2. poetry is making words into the world. WRONG
3. Poetry exists in the mind space...  WRONG
4. nothing or noone can say that you're not writing a poem. WRONG
5. A critic is a poet who wants to make your poem a free poem, free of clone and fake. WRONG
6. Critique like you were the poet you're reading. WRONG

0/6

do we have to mean what we say when we write a poem? WRONG

re: do we have to mean what we say when we write a poem?  cadmium  16 Aug 18 9:57PM Thread Closed

you're not saying anything at all, just reacting like a house-wife seeing a spider. you're not even interested in the topic but you've got so much to say. besides, the spider has six more legs than you and you could learn from it how to walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

re: do we have to mean what we say when we write a poem?  cadmium  17 Aug 18 6:35AM Thread Closed

if poetry is anything we want it to be, so is sex. but, sex is boring when it's not with someone you love. but, writing poetry when you don't love poetry is dumb. therefore, people who are dumb don't have sex.

re: do we have to mean what we say when we write a poem?  unknown  17 Aug 18 4:48PM Thread Closed

sex urgh   not caring the difference between boys and girl is so Bowie You write the song we choke with the pain

re: do we have to mean what we say when we write a poem?  cadmium  17 Aug 18 5:42PM Thread Closed

must me mean what we say when we write a poem? does anyone care what pop-crap lyrics say? does anyone care if we aren't normal? that's why we move to NYC.

re: do we have to mean what we say when we write a poem?  impoppy  17 Aug 18 11:34PM Thread Closed

all poems mean something... jack and jill went up the hill... probably means some sort of past struggle when heterosexuality was a crime

re: do we have to mean what we say when we write a poem?  cadmium  18 Aug 18 2:36AM Thread Closed

what 'meaning' are you talking about?? your middle-school experience of learning to say in class what the teacher wants to hear?

do you not understand that there are many layers of meaning in a poem, but that your kind of writing -- what you read as 'poetry' has your fascist one-level 'folk' meaning? i mean, a real old fashioned, 'i naturally speak poetry because i'm german' kind of poetry?? -- whatever your nationality.

define 'heterosexuality' as a meaning before 1910. do you even understand that there used not to be psychological meanings? that psychology is this piss-ant scraping from philosophy that allows 'psychologists' to say stupid things without the check of negative critique which actual philosophy allows?

people like you say that anything is a poem, as long as it's written by someone nice, someone you like. if you don't like the poet, you can't like the poem. that's when you start removing poems, like some semi literate censor, and sending the poet to a re-education camp -- as in mao or fidel or adolf's workers paradises.

you don't even get the post. i'm saying that you yourself define yourself as a poet by writing poetry. you're thinking i'm keeping you from your sweet tit of 'he da man' reality.

Return To Index

1.413s